Mt View Residential Aged Care Service (RACS)
Mt.View Residential Care facility is located at the Health services Terang campus which is 2 hours and 30 minutes south west of Melbourne Victoria. Mt.View is a purpose-built, 15 bed facility providing high-level residential care to members of the community who require 24-hour professional nursing care.
- On site 24-hour qualified registered and medication endorsed enrolled nurses
- Security monitoring
- Choice of Doctor and health care professionals
- Close proximity to Medical Clinics
- Access to Allied health services (physiotherapist, dietitian, speech pathology, diabetes nurse educator, social worker, and podiatry)
- On-site hairdressing service
- Pastoral Care services
- In-house laundry and catering service
- Individualised recreational and lifestyle programs with fully qualified staff
- Recently refurbished facility
- Sun deck with outdoor entertaining area
- Accessible gardens
- Short walk into the centre of town, where an array of shops and local businesses boast every service for your convenience.
As is expected of such a long-established facility you will feel as though you are entering a calm and welcoming home-like environment. Residents are provided with a large open lounge area that is separate from the dining space to provide a calming home-like experience, it is comfortably furnished with individual recliner chairs and couches, and large LCD TV screen for ease of viewing, or residents may prefer to utilise quieter sitting rooms. We pride ourselves on the facility’s high standard of cleanliness ensuring each room exceeds infection control and cleaning standards adding to the outstanding ambiance of the home.
Feel free to stroll and relax through our private and secure outdoor garden areas that incorporate sweeping, uninterrupted views of the western district plains, volcanic mounts and the Terang Racecourse. The recently landscaped garden with intertwining Tuscan paths provide residents with the accessibility to enjoy the garden and views at their own leisure. The established trees, manicured gardens and raised garden beds provide peaceful retreats for residents to find their sense of being and engage in purposeful living.
Each resident is provided with an individualised recreational and lifestyle program based on their needs and preferences. Programs are designed alongside the resident and their families to ensure they are resident-focused to provide meaningful and purposeful living. We value the importance of community engagement for residents. By working alongside the community to ensure residents are able to continue to actively participate in the community during their stay in residential care. Lifestyle programs are organised seven days a week by qualified staff to ensure activities are not only appropriately structured but sympathetic to individual needs. Some examples of programs provided at Mt.View are;
- Pastoral care services
- Community engagement with local primary and secondary schools
- Community volunteers who assist with a variety of activities such as reading, gardening, cooking and friendly chats.
- Regular bus outings in our facilities 12 seat minibus
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Exercise programs
Fresh, home-style meals are made daily from our in-house catering department. Meals are served in our large open dining areas or alternatively, there is a private dining room for residents and family, designed to make you feel relaxed and at home. Residents are provided with menu options to assist with their individualised needs and requirements.