06 Dec After Hours Nurse Coordinator
Terang and Mortlake Health Service is a small rural health service situated in the Western District of Victoria with a focus on improving local health outcomes.
We currently have a genuine development opportunity available for an
After Hours Nurse Coordinator – Night Duty – Grade 5
55.5hrs per fortnight (negotiable)
Terang and Mortlake Health Service employs approximately 160 team members across the campuses of the 14 bed Acute hospital, 15 bed Aged Care facility and Community Health Centres located in Terang and Mortlake. TMHS offers a broad range of services including Medical and Surgical care, Urgent Care, Aged Care, Community and Allied Health and Early Parenting services.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Registered Nurse to undertake the role of After Hours Coordinator. As the After Hours Coordinator you will be working in a key leadership and management role that is accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources outside of normal business hours. This is very much a hands on position with oversight of the Hospital and Aged Care Facility after hours
This role will also include, but is not limited to:
- Acting as a role model and a senior clinical resource for all hospital staff
- Provision of high quality direct patient care
- Collaborating with other clinicians and services to ensure appropriate admission of patients to the ward.
The successful candidate will have –
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- Sound knowledge and skills in relation to clinical practice
- Understanding of the National Quality and Safety Standards and the Safe Patient Care Act
- Experience in managing rosters and workforce needs
- Current Advanced Life Support Certificate
In return we offer:
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support with professional development
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Potential Accommodation Support and Travel Allowances to the right candidate
To learn more about this role please contact-
Director of Nursing
T: 03 5592 0222
Visit our website: https://tmhs.vic.gov.au
All Applications should include a cover letter and a current resume and should be forwarded to [email protected] by 20/12/2021
Terang and Mortlake Health Service is an equal opportunity employer and supports access, safety and inclusion of our team members employed or seeking employment.
Vaccination for COVID 19 is a requirement for healthcare workers
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Working with Children (WWC) Check?
- Are you prepared to undergo a Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?